Green Card

Green Card

Important notice about driving in Europe with effect from 1st January 2021

As your insurance broker, we would like to inform you of some important changes surrounding your Motor Insurance Policy with effect from 1st January 2021.

Should you wish to travel abroad with your vehicle you will be required to carry a Green Card.  Please contact us before you travel, and we can arrange this for you.

What exactly is a Green Card?

A Green Card is a document issued by your insurance company which shows you have the necessary cover to drive your vehicle legally in the EU.

When should I let you know?

All we ask is that you give us notice of at least 14 days prior to your travel date so we can arrange the documents for you.  The Green Card will have to be physically carried with you when you travel so a downloadable version is not available, hence the notice period required.  Simply let us know the dates of your travel, the countries you are travelling to and whether you will be towing a caravan or trailer and we will do the rest.

You can email our customer service team on or call 0333 9969779, who will be more than happy to arrange your Green Card.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the above telephone number or click on the link below on the website.