Data Controller: Head of Compliance, Freedom Brokers Ltd, Eden Point, Three Acres Lane, Cheadle Hulme, Stockport, Cheshire, SK86RL
Contact for queries: Head of Compliance, 0161 488 3888, email@example.com
How will we use the information you give us?
We will use your information to provide you with a quotation at your request, on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim
Where we need to pass information to other firms it will only be for that purpose, or where we are subject to a legal or regulatory obligation, for anti-fraud purposes, to update industry wide databases or to improve the products and services that we offer. These firms will be Insurers, other insurance brokers, price comparison sites, our third-party suppliers, firms handling claims and firms carrying out analysis on our behalf. It includes finance providers and firms that process or administer our records.
When we contact you, it will either be for the above reasons, to complete a survey or give us feedback on our products and services, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe easily at any time.
If we have to transfer information to a third country outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies.
If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the substantial public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
Your information may also be passed to debt recovery agents, where it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
As an Appointed Representative of Action 365 Ltd, all our records may be processed by that firm for regulatory purposes.
What type of personal information do we need?
- We may need personal details which will include Contact and personal details, financial details, and Insurance details, such as your vehicle and driving history including claims.
- For Telematics insurance contracts we need personal details relating to time, location and driving, including; time, latitude, longitude, speed, duration, distance and acceleration. We will collect event data such as accident detection, unit tampering or activation and deactivation events.
- We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy.
What other types of information do we need?
- Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about Health, Injuries or Criminal Convictions.
- We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
How do we obtain your information?
- We may gather it from information you provide, the telematics unit in your car, by telephone, face to face, online, by email, or from surveys or feedback you provide.
- We may receive it from Insurers, other insurance brokers, DVLA, industry wide databases, external third-party suppliers working on our behalf, finance providers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims.
What are my legal rights?
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at uk, Tel 0303 123 11132.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us at the address above. This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies that we use
Cookies used by our service providers
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(c) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
This page was last updated on 22/11/2019.